Monday, May 23, 2011

School's Out For Summer

Tomorrow is Bug's last day of kindergarten. We went to her end-of-year program tonight that was all patriotic (why? i don't have a clue) and full of singing and choreographed hand-movements and really cute. 150 kindergarteners all doing the same movements is pretty darn adorable. Wanna see pictures? Too bad. I am Queen of Camera-Forgetting. And our video camera is broken (at least the microphone is, which come to think about it, would have been pretty funny 10 years down the road... "What is this? I don't know, but those kids look pretty hilarious dancing with no music!") so there is no record.
I do, however, have a few pictures from the soccer game on Saturday. It was Bug's last game and the first where she didn't score at all, even though I took a couple of pictures that made it look like she did.
I am so proud of her -- she has her daddy's natural sports instincts and did a great job this season.
What are your plans for the summer? We have a few ideas in mind, including heading to the beach this weekend (with all of the rest of the southern population, I'm sure). It sure helps when your mom and sister live two minutes from the ocean! Aaaaahhhhhhh.

1 comment:

  1. um...my summer list is very long and busy....but I really don't slow down. I do look forward to sleeping in. or atleast being in pjs more of the morning :)

    ReplyDelete