Monday, May 16, 2011

I just flew all the way from Seattle... and boy, are my arms tired!

So I'm finally home from a wonderful long weekend at my cousin's wedding. It was so so so great to see that side (my mom's) of my family since I don't get to very often. I left from Jacksonville about 5pm (Eastern) on Thursday, hoping to get to Seattle around 10pm (Pacific -- that's a three hour difference, if you're counting) but it didn't quite work out. My first plane was delayed about an hour, which was cutting my next flight veeeeery close. Turns out, too close. I arrived disheveled and sweating right on time to discover the plane was gone. They stuck me on the next flight out an hour later which left me time to grab something to eat, for which I was very grateful. I finally got to Seattle at 11:30 (keep in mind it's 2:30am back home) and met my sweet cousin Jan and his wife Jamie who had graciously offered to pick me up. I was feeling queasy from the turbulence and we still had a 2 1/2 hour car ride home.
Talk about a nightmare for my poor cousin: I was sick as a dog most of the ride back and I'm just thankful I never puked in the car. (By the way, I am famous in my family for my car/air sickness... just ask my sister about the trip we took 30 years ago where we're both pretty sure I puked for 2 weeks straight.) Yikes! So long story... well, long, actually, I got to bed about 2:30am. That would be 5:30am in Georgia... I went to bed slightly before Shawn was getting up! The positive part of the story is that I actually felt refreshed when I woke up at 7am.
Friday was spent with my family. I had such a great time visiting with my cousins (4 of them) and their children (8, plus 3 on the way plus my niece), who are all cutie pies. We went to the rehearsal and then the dinner, which was held at a yummy Italian restaurant. I had pizza margherita, if you're curious.
My cousin Karen (I REEEAAALLY wanted to write Vinny):
Saturday was spent watching my mom finish the wedding cake:
Isn't it beautiful??

and then the actual wedding:
ring bearer
flower girls
and the absolutely gorgeous bride
Yay! They're married!!
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the reception or any of my other cousins, but here's me and my sis before it started:
My sister and niece and I headed to the airport yesterday morning and got to spend a couple of hours together before our flights left. I was smarter and took Dramamine this time, so it was quite uneventful and I made my connecting flight with about 10 seconds to spare. I arrived in Jacksonville about 10:30pm and then drove the (YAWN!) two hours home, finally getting to bed about 1:30. Getting up this morning was next to impossible, but my sweet husband had made me a pot of coffee and fixed Bug's lunch, so I didn't have much to do. Incidentally, this is Bear's last week of school (another post on their nicknames to follow tomorrow) so after Wednesday I only have to get one kid ready and dropped off. Yay! I actually am looking forward to summertime and spending the days with my kids. I miss them so much when they're at school and that's part of the reason we're decided to homeschool next year (LOTS of posts on that to follow... can't wait!). I'm off to climb Laundry Mountain and drink some more coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment