Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Run like the Wind

I am not a runner. I think I run like Phoebe from Friends so I'm pretty self-conscious, but I also just don't like it. However, I know it's good for me and I like the results.
Last May I started the Couch to 5K program and finished it in August, but pretty much quit right after that. Once school started, it was too hard to find the time to run. It was also discouraging because while I could run for 45 minutes, I wasn't getting very good distance. I was nowhere near running a 5K.
We bought a treadmill a couple of months ago and I decided to try again. So it's been three weeks and I'm doing fairly well, and although I haven't SEEN any results yet, I feel them. I started out running 10 minutes. That's all I could handle. Now I'm up to 20 and it feels easier. I know I won't win any speed or distance awards, but I'm proud of myself for doing something I truly dislike. And I prefer running outside, but with the average 100 degree weather and Shawn's crazy schedule, the treadmill is my best bet. I just keep hoping it'll grow on me and I'll stick with it and eventually get faster and farther.
Do you do anything you really hate because you know it's good for you?

2 comments:

  1. Ive been taking these fish oil/flax seed oil/ vitamin e pills. They give me fish burps and are huge to swallow. I'm hoping they'll help with my eye dryness so hopefully it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, well I supposedly eat well because it's good for me. but I'd rather live off of my college diet. what I would tell my college self....(the title of my next blog post...) LOL

    no really, I actually am weird, I love exercise. I hate washing my face and using retina (face stuff from the doctor)...I literally HATE it, but I am re committing to it. Kinda like when you "rededicate" your life....walk the walk over and over again, 'cept with face care products and a regimented evening ritual. I'd rather just fall in bed with my grime, sunscreen and make up on from the day....

    okay i'm done.

    ReplyDelete