Thursday, July 28, 2011

When life hands you lemons, make marinade

I'm too lazy busy to write about what a fantastic time I had in New York, as I'm packing yet again for another fantastic trip this weekend. Shawn and I leave tomorrow for a quick getaway to Amelia Island to stay at this bed and breakfast . This summer has been especially awesome, as we are not usually traveling people.
Anyways, I wanted to share my favorite kebab marinade with you: it works on chicken, steak, pork, whatever... and once when I was lazy busy I just threw in some whole chicken breasts and grilled them like that.
Totally YUM!

Shish-kebab Marinade
(for about 2 lbs. of your favorite choice of meat)

Ingredients:
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup prepared mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely cracked black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon meat tenderizer (optional)

Directions:
1.In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground black pepper, garlic, and meat tenderizer. Mix well, and add your meat. Seal the bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.

It's totally delicious skewered with some onion and green pepper, as well as pineapple if that's your thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment